There are a variety of reasons your medical practice may need to extract clinical data from your eClinicalWorks. Whether you’re moving to a new EMR system, closing your practice or transitioning ownership, you’re legally required to retain clinical data, along with your patient records, for a period of time. It’s all part of your patients’ medical records.
The good news is that the data is there. The not-so-good news is that eClinicalWorks itself provides limited capabilities in terms of accessing that data. In fact, if you’ve ever tried to extract this data, you know it’s only possible to extract one record at a time.
There is a better way, and that’s where the Mi7 team comes in. We’ve been working with eClinicalWorks since 2004 and know the ins and outs of the system. When it comes to extracting your patients’ clinical data, Mi7 has a proven process that enables us to access and report data for all patients in a PDF format that looks exactly like the doctors’ notes. Clinical Data Extraction includes components of your patients’ medical records such as:
- Office Visits – providers’ notes that are recorded during each office visit
- OB Flow Sheets – collection of notes throughout the entire pregnancy
- Lab / DI Reports – blood, imaging, and other test results that are part of the patient’s history
- Medical Summary – the clinical overview of the patient as a whole, including information such as shots and immunization history, how many office visits, what medications the patient is taking, allergies, and a variety of other factors that occur over the course of a patient’s overall care
- Operative Report – this covers office procedures as well as hospital procedures
- Flowsheets – for standard or customized flowsheets in your system which track patient health data
- Telephone Encounters – any phone conversations documented in the system
- Progress Notes – the providers’ updated report and analysis of the patient’s health
- Scanned Documents – any orders or results which were faxed or mailed to the office
- Financial Summary – all of the patient’s financial transactions with the medical practice, including billing transactions, payments, adjustments, etc.
Bottom line – it’s your legal responsibility to have this data, and Mi7 makes it easy for you to extract these clinical records for all patients in an easy-to-read PDF format.